google

Google

Friday, December 21, 2007

rwitc managing committe

New Members in RWITC Managing Committee By North-End
Mumbai. Dec 21, 2007
The 2007 elections for the RWITC Managing Committee was expected to be a drab formality, however, just like the uncertainties of horse racing, Vijay Shirke a ‘pre race’ certainty could not muster enough votes to retain his seat in the Committee. This was Shirke’s first loss in about a decade and a half. Managing a cheerful smile as this correspondent pressed Shirke for a reaction, the Construction tycoon from Pune expressed as much surprise as anyone on the Mahalaxmi lawns on the “D” Day. “I hadn’t exactly expected this and the feeling is yet to sink in” quipped Mr. Shirke. Asked what he attributed his unexpected ouster to, Mr. Shirke said “It’s probably my letter to the members. I spoke my mind and I still stand by it. Also a couple of members' questions addressed to me just before the voting were declared open, might have swayed the members' favor away from me. ”
On the other side, two new entrants gained rights to the Board room. Capt. Appoo, who garnered 482 votes and Mr. Jaydev Modi 455 votes were declared “elected” amidst thunderous applause form the members. Though there wasn’t any fanfare to these elections this time round, the final result did create a flutter.
Dr. Cyrus Poonawalla topped the list of votes polled securing 649 out of a maximum of 830 valid votes (22 votes were invalid). Vivek Jain who has topped the list in the previous four occasions was a close second with 633 votes to his name. Chamaplal Zaveri 569, Dr. S.C.Jain 563, Shivlal Daga 490, Shyam Ruia 462, Dhunjibhoy 444 were the final standings, with Vijay Shirke completing the list at 407.
Capt. Appoo, a visibly pleased man said “I thank all the members for the faith they have shown in me and I will do my best to vindicate their gesture. I am also grateful to Dr. Poonawalla, the Chairman for his support.” Jaydev was more composed and did not emote any excitement. “I have a task on hand now that I have got an opportunity. As I said earlier, I will be very supportive to the Chairman and the managing committee and work towards a common goal in the interest of the Club.”
Mr. A. S. Narielwalla and Mr. Satish Manashinde, for both unanimously elected as members of the Board of Appeal. Mr. Manashinde is a third new face in the new team.
Stewards of the Club:
Mr. Vivek Jain - Chairman, Dr. Cyrus Poonawalla, M/s Champaklal Zaveri, Shivlal Daga, Shyam Ruia, Gulamhusein Vhanvaty & capt. Appoo are the new Stewards of the Club.

Board of Appeal:
Mr. A.S. Narielwalla - Chairman, D.N. Adenwalla, Byram Jeejeebhoy, Kumar Dalal, Z.S.Poonawalla & Satish Manashinde

No comments:

google

Google